Monday, October 01, 2007

Where did September go?


Last month sure did get away from me...I woke up this morning and realized that it is October! I looked at my blog and realized that I have not posted for more than 2 weeks. I guess I have been busy with fun little things like a really great trip to the mountains with no phone service, TV or computer...that took care of a lot of September. The views were awesome and the company was very fun. We did some fishing, gambling, antique shopping and eating. We stayed at 2 different places so it sort of broke up our time and gave us different scenery to look at though I hate having to repack and move everything. We rented the sweetest little cabin that had a kitchen, bathroom and even a wall heater so it was like camping in luxury.


Here is a picture of a dresser scarf I found at an antique shop with a little petit point embroidery that was amazing.

The part that sold me though was the back...it was so neatly stitched that it could have passed for the front.

And here it is on my antique dresser! A perfect fit! The little heart sachet on the dresser was sent to me by Cherry Menlove when I placed an order with her for an apron and tee shirt a while back. She was so sweet to add that little something extra. She has a wonderful blog and has become quite a busy girl with her house being photographed for a magazine and so many other crafty things in the works. If you get a chance click on her blog from my favorites list and see what is up in Pixie Woods!

My pictures from my trip are posted at my WebShots link which is also in my side bar so have a peek over there if you get the chance I don't think you will be disappointed if you like mountain scenery that is. One day we spent hiking to Barney Lake...a mere 4 mile hike taking about 2 hours climbing up rocks and walking through trees and fields for 2 out of shape 50 somethings it was a little tiring, but the views kept us going and reaching the lake was worth it. The whole trip was a reminder to me that there really is a God. It also gave me a lot of quiet time to get my thoughts together and do a little soul searching and thinking about my life. Kind of like cleaning out the closets and sweeping down the cobwebs in your head.

My newest craft projects have been to construct a witch for a display at work. We usually use a scarecrow, but since we have some big pots that look a lot like cauldrons we decided to try to make the scarecrow into a witch. My scarecrow head though looks a little too cute to be a witch...so more on that as I figure it out and post a picture. I also spent some time on my trip crocheting a wash cloth. I didn't have the right size hook though nor quite the right crochet thread. I threw the whole thing together with what I had before I left to give me something to do if I got bored. I didn't do much crocheting though! Anyway, since I got home I bought another hook and some cotton thread and actually made one cloth in an evening. It was fun and I think I will do more for possible Christmas gifts with some wonderful soaps...hmmm!!! Already having Christmas craft bonanzas going on in my head. I always have good intentions, but time goes fast and it is a busy time of year so I rarely finish all my good intentions. I do have fun trying though! The most fun is collecting the ideas and I have been searching blogs and craft stores and magazines already. Can't wait to share some of the cute things I am finding.

No comments: