Friday, October 26, 2007

The Smell of Fall


I baked a Long Island Cheese pumpkin the other night. It was about the same size as the one in this picture and it made 6 cups of pumpkin. I add a few spices and a little sugar then it is ready to use for baking. I made a batch of Pumpkin Cranberry Bread from my Bob's Red Mill Baking Book. It was delicious and just the flavor of fall that I have been craving. Tonight I am making a pumpkin pie with a pie crust recipe from the same book. I am smelling the most incredible pumpkin pie aroma right now...fall is really here. So far everything I have made from this book has turned out well. The ingredients usually have one of Bob's Red Mill products, of course, but they are very healthy, low in fat and turning out great. This has turned into my favorite cookbook for baking.

No comments: