Monday, September 10, 2007

Yet Another Project

Guess I am on a roll, for me anyway. I started this Little Lulu bag Saturday and tonight I got an idea for a different way to close it than the directions. I seem to always have to change things. The first change I made was to use different fabrics and quilt the outside. Then I added a snap and whipped up a fabric flower that I had printed instructions for several months ago from another blog. I love that bloggers share ideas and sometimes tutorials on projects. I'm not sure I could ever write a tutorial, but never say never maybe in time I will feel comfortable enough to give it a try. I couldn't even follow directions for the flower with out making some changes of my own. I made it with 3 different fabrics and got creative with the folding in order to make sure they all showed a little. The directions had you add a pin back, but I just sewed it to my flap with a magnet under neath for the clasp. I think I had first seen a link to the flower directions on Allsorts blog. Jenny had made a long scrunchie with a string of lights and used the flower to poke the lights through...adorable! So much blog inspiration!

It's really kind of funny that I am making all this purses because anyone who knows me very well knows that I usually only use one purse for years until it falls apart and I have to get a new one. I am enjoying making these purses with fun fabrics and working at making them sturdy enough to maybe last a few years.

I have to give credit to my new sewing machine...she is in the picture at the top of this post. I think it feels like a she to me so far though the way she sews through multiple layers of fabric without any hesitation I would have to say that she is a hard working, strong young lady. I only hope that in the years to come I will be able to keep up with her! I will have to name her after I have a chance to get to know her better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty purse, and nice sewing machine. I had an old singer machine for some time, now I have a basic brother. Yours looks like it has many capabilities, enjoy it!