Sunday, September 02, 2007

Finished a Project!

It has been so hot it is hard to concentrate on anything for too long. It doesn't look like it will be cooling off anytime soon, but I did manage to focus for brief periods of time on sewing this little purse. It has all kinds of compartments for things so it was a little involved. It is called a Presto Purse. The flap on the outside has compartments for all your credit cards and ID. It is from the Bags with Panache Collection by Studio Kat designs. Studio Kat has some free patterns on the website for a luggage tag and a little purse with compartments for your passport and tickets. I ordered the pattern from Henrietta's Handbags along with a few other patterns. I haven't sewn them all yet, but am really looking forward to getting to them soon. I ordered some from the Monica Poole collection. (This is a collection not to be missed if you like to sew...the directions are fairly simple and sooo stylish.) There were so many that looked fun it was hard to pick so my sister helped me choose and now I think I will be sewing for both of us. I think I need some toile fabric to use on the Paris bag.

With winter weather around the corner I look forward to getting to know my new machine better. Maybe once I feel like I know her I will be able to give her a name...for now though there is so much to still discover and I'm sure she will never cease to amaze me. I got a Janome DC3050. It has a lot of computerized stitches though no alphabet...I might have to upgrade to that one day, but for now I am happy with the one touch button hole! I have been seeing lots of blog posts with wonderful pictures of studios all set up with cupboards and tables making everything within reach...I am dreaming of what I would do with just one room for all my sewing stuff. I did finally buy a little stacking drawer unit to keep things sorted and easier to find. My sewing space is at the kitchen table and I have a stack of everything nearby and extra fabrics in boxes under the bed. I am definitely filing some of those great ideas away for future use, but for now I am successfully working around the obstacles and managing to crank out a few fun things! The purse will be a gift for a special new friend. I'll have to get it to her soon.

No comments: