Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A New Year = New Projects

I am welcoming the new decade with open arms and an open mind.  So much has changed in my life the last 6 months that will surely effect my life in the new decade, but as I know I must take each day one day at a time and savor all that it has to offer me. 

IMG_1694 We have been spending a lot of time inside fixing up our new home, but this week the weather turned from wintery to almost spring like which brought us outside to work on refreshing our yard.  What fun we had digging and pruning and planting.  Most of what we planted is dormant so the pictures don’t look like much unless like us you are a gardener then you see what will be.  This bed will have some ceanothus, sage and even a pretty little rose bush, kind of hard to imagine so more pictures will come later and this will just be a before picture.  It feels like you are planting hope and faith when you plant a twiggy little plant and because we know what they will be we felt we had found some gems.  If you are at all interested in gardening you might want to check out our gardening blog Growing Thymes.  I have been having fun posting about the plants we are IMG_1697 planting though the pictures are lifted from the internet because mine look like sticks at the moment.  We got roses planted in gopher cages and a double flowering pomegranate tree and many more fun things.  Next we will be building up our vegetable garden.  We are dealing with deer and gophers here so will be writing about our solutions (hopefully) on dealing with them.  We need ideas on grass alternatives, I never knew Bermuda grass would grow in the mountains, but it does very well here…yuck!

IMG_1702 I haven’t just been gardening though I have been very busy quilting and planning for some future projects, but the most important even coming up in the near future had me making 2 little quilts and they are almost finished.  I will show them in full in the next couple of weeks, but for now it is just a sneak peak because I knowIMG_1700 my sister reads my blog.  She is due to give birth to her twin boys in March.  I made the quilts using the same fabrics with different patterns and I love them both, guess that is just a sign of things to come!

Make great things happen in your life, one day at a time!

ferne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

Looks like a lot of work going on!

Anonymous said...

The Terrainium is really cute. I liked the cookie jar theme too, but this is fun. Let us know if the moss keeps growing or changes colors in there. On another note, babies are doing fine. I LOVE the quilts, they are adorable! I can't wait to snuggled the babbies and cuddle up with them! Philina