Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zippety Do Dah!

 

IMG_1218

I just couldn’t leave it rolled up for long.  I had been studying a quilt pattern that was mesmerizing me because if you look at it one way it is squares then if you look at it another way it is diamonds.  I love when designs do that.  I decided that the pattern in Jelly Roll Quilts was meant to use the Zippety Do Dah roll.  The only problem I have now is that no one seems to have any more of it and I need a border, backing and bias.  I am thinking of going with a simple beige or tan border and a navy or red binding.  That way the focus is on the center.  I almost have this all sewn together.  My points don’t match exactly, but I kind of like it that way.  It is just plain fun! 

I really didn’t need another project, but then again maybe I did because it really made me feel happy making it!

Keep it fun!

Ferne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ferne,

It's lovely to hear from you!

Your quilt is so pretty!!!! Seeing the picture made my day! The fabrics are just so beautiful!

Pam said...

Cute quilt! The pattern looks a lot like "Strip Search" by GE Designs, but with more points to match!

Karen said...

Perfect!! Those fabrics were perfect for that pattern. It looks really great!

In Between Stitches said...

Hi Ferne,
Wow, you didn't waste any time using your Zippity Do Dah jelly roll. I'm so glad you won! Your quilt is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Take care,
Lynn at In Between Stitches