Friday, February 08, 2008

A Fishy Quilt


Well, I did a little work on the fish themed quilt today and got the top all pieced now all I need is some batting and a little more time to get it done. It was a fun project and I am happy with the results. I did a lot of planning and trying different layouts then scrapping a few until I came up with a plan I liked. I had just about enough fabric though I had to do some creative piecing and a little substituting in the end. I made this to use as a lap quilt for me and my fisherman on those cold winter nights spent cuddling and watching TV. I have some flannel for the back so it shouldn't take too long to get this done. Now on to the next project in progress (though this one is not officially done yet). Working on this project was making me wish I had an EQ6 program. I am afraid I would get too involved with playing with it on the computer instead of working on projects, but it sure looks fun and I enjoyed the layout process of this project a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt. Sounds comfy to spend time with your fisherman under the covers;) I love quilting too. I'm going to get back in to it when I get moved. Your blog is beautiful. Your header is so unique.