Monday, August 13, 2007

All about the garden...

Lately most of my time is spent in the garden or thinking about the garden and what to do with all these tomatoes. We are having fun with them and even gave some away. The picture above is one of my favorites and largest tomatoes. Michael made a yellow tomato sauce from all the yellow and orange tomatoes. Everything tastes so delicious at this time of the year and I love knowing where the ingredients come from.

We have done some fishing too and are busy planning where to go for a little fishing trip next month. We were thinking Shasta, but our plans may be changing to go more south of here. I really don't care I have just been longing for the peaceful calm that you get floating around on a clear lake listening to the birds and seeing the reflection of the clouds on the water. Of course there has to be the occasional break in the calm for the excitement of catching the potential 'big one'. Not that it matters because we usually let them go. I enjoy fishing with Michael, he has taught me a lot and he is always so calm and patient. Guess that comes from years of fishing and knowing a little about what to expect. Last week we went fishing for 4 hours and never even got a bite. I was so relaxed I actually took a nap in the boat. Guess I should call this post "All about fishing and a little about the garden..." The place we went is now all brown and dry looking, but is home to some bald eagles and we saw one swoop down and pick up a fish. Guess we should have went to his spot! This wind blown tree marks the spot where I can usually get a bite, infact I think this is where I caught one of the first fish I caught on this lake. I was really enjoying the colors of the blue sky and water with the brown grasses. I have been changing my slipcovers on my couch again and found a nice blue and brown fabric that I think goes much better with my couch than the greens and reds I was loving a few months ago. That tells a lot about me...always changing my mind when it comes to colors. I do really well with plain walls if I can change things like furniture, pictures and curtains often.

Well, it is time for me to think a little about gardening and get ready to go off to work at the nursery! I have a few pots to plant today and plants to order...I love my job, but if I ever have to change it I think I would have trouble deciding what I would want to do next...a produce stand or a quilt store? or there are many more options!

No comments: