Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My first quilt!


Well, here it is my first real quilt. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It is not perfect, but that makes it mine! I am loving the fabrics though as I look at the pictures I realized that it looks like Christmas...I still love the fabrics. Now I am already thinking of more projects to start, I had forgotten how much I love sewing. I am not sure that I want to tackle another quilt though, if I do I would take it somewhere to have it quilted after I do the piecing. It was too hard to handle all that fabric on my machine. I mostly did quilt in the ditch with a design I made up for the border. I kept it simple so it made for an enjoyable experience. Keep checking back to see what I come up with next... the sewing bug has bitten!

Speaking of biting I just recieved a copy of "More from Magnolia - recipes fromt he world famous bakery" There are some really wonderful and fun recipes for cupcakes that I can't wait to try out! I have listed a new link on my blog for Cupcakes at Home...there are some fun recipes and ideas there also so check it out if you have a sweet tooth, you will be amazed at how many ways you can make cup cakes! Very fun!!!! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of one more fun cookbook called "Cupcake Cafe Cookbook", I'll post my reviews of both books after I try a few recipes on my family and co-workers.

1 comment:

Knot Garden said...

I think your quilt is amazing for a first quilt! Because the greens in it are light I don't think it says Christmas. To me it looks summery.
I know what you mean about the weight of the quilt in the machine. I have my ironing board next to my table to help support the weight. Still makes my arms ache though!
I love the colours in your quilt and I think you've done a great job!